String quartet, wedding ensembles Mississauga. If you, or someone you know is getting married, or is interested in a live performance for a wedding or special event in Mississauga, please contact us for a custom quote.
From classical to pop, Top 40
Whatever the type or size of event Duo d’Amore, has an ensemble and the right music options to make your event memorable. We have hours of classical music, from the baroque period with composers such as Bach and Handel, the classical period with Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven to the Romantic period with Elgar and Brahms, just to name a few. We have over 5 hours of classical music, and our repertoire is always expanding. Here are some of our most requested songs for our string quartet and ensembles:
- Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Air on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn
- Trumpet Voluntary by Jeremiah Clarke
- Ave Maria by Franz Schubert
- Spring from The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi
- Bridal Chorus by Richard Wagner
- The Swan by Camille Saint-Saëns
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Pop, Top40 and beyond, custom arrangements
Duo d’Amore is also fortunate to have an incredibly large collection of pop string arrangements, and like our classical music repertoire it is always expanding. If there is a song that you would like for your event, let us know.
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- All of Me by John Legend
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
- Marry Me by Train
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
- You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
- At Last by Etta James
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
- Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
Wedding ceremony locations in Mississauga
Here are just a few locations for weddings in Mississauga, that our string quartet and ensembles have performed at regularly. More options can be found here
- The Waterside Inn – This elegant venue is located on the shore of Lake Ontario and offers indoor and outdoor event spaces, as well as luxurious guest rooms and suites.
- The Glenerin Inn – This historic estate features a stunning ballroom, outdoor gardens, and cozy guest rooms, making it a popular choice for intimate weddings.
- Mississauga Convention Centre – This modern event space can accommodate weddings of all sizes, with multiple ballrooms, on-site catering, and plenty of parking.
- Royal Ontario Golf Club – This picturesque golf course offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside, with a beautiful clubhouse that can host weddings and receptions.
- C Banquets – Located in the heart of Mississauga, this contemporary event venue features multiple ballrooms, a variety of menus to choose from, and an experienced event team to help plan every detail of your wedding.
Churches where our string quartet and ensembles have performed in Mississauga
- Trinity Anglican Church – This beautiful church, located in the historic Port Credit neighbourhood, offers traditional Anglican wedding ceremonies and has a long history of serving the local community.
- St. Mary Star of the Sea Roman Catholic Church – This stunning church, located in the heart of downtown Mississauga, offers Catholic wedding ceremonies and has a rich history dating back to the early 20th century.
- St. Maximilian Kolbe Roman Catholic Church – This modern church in the Meadowvale neighbourhood offers Catholic wedding ceremonies and a variety of other services and activities for the local community.
- Streetsville United Church – This welcoming congregation offers Christian wedding ceremonies and a range of social and outreach programs for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Celebration Church – This non-denominational Christian church offers contemporary wedding ceremonies and a variety of other services, programs, and events for its members and the wider community.
Other, unique venues for wedding ceremony music Mississauga, string quartet and ensembles
The Small Arms Inspection Building – This unique venue, located in the heart of Mississauga, is a former munitions factory that has been transformed into a modern event space with industrial-chic decor and plenty of character.
The Mississauga Grand Banquet and Event Centre – This elegant event space offers a range of wedding packages and customizable options to suit any style and budget, with a focus on exceptional service and attention to detail.
C Banquets – This contemporary event venue features multiple ballrooms, customizable menus, and an experienced event team to help plan every aspect of your wedding, from decor to entertainment.
Benares Historic House – This picturesque heritage site, located in the heart of Mississauga, offers a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces for intimate wedding ceremonies and receptions, surrounded by lush gardens and historic architecture.
Garden and outdoor wedding locations, Mississauga
Here are some garden and outdoor wedding venues in Mississauga:
- Terra Cotta Inn: This beautiful venue features lush gardens and charming indoor spaces, making it an ideal location for a garden wedding.
- BraeBen Golf Course: This stunning venue offers a variety of outdoor spaces, including a gazebo and terrace, with breathtaking views of the golf course and surrounding countryside.
- Mississauga Grand Banquet and Event Centre: This venue boasts a beautiful outdoor courtyard and gardens, perfect for an intimate garden wedding or reception.
- The Garden Banquet and Convention Centre: This venue features a stunning outdoor garden and gazebo, ideal for a romantic outdoor ceremony or reception.
- Lionhead Golf and Conference Centre: This picturesque venue features a variety of outdoor spaces, including a gazebo and patio, with breathtaking views of the golf course and surrounding countryside.
- Credit Valley Golf and Country Club: This stunning venue boasts a variety of outdoor spaces, including a gazebo and terrace, with beautiful views of the golf course and surrounding countryside.
Indoor or outdoor performance with our ensemble and string quartet Mississauga
Whether you are planning and indoor our outdoor event, we are happy to perform. For an indoor performance all we require is a well lit spot to perform and one armless chair per performer. For an outdoor performance, we require well lit spot to perform and one armless chair per performer, and an overhead covering to shade the instruments and protect them from sun, rain, branches etc.
From small weddings and events in Mississauga to large events
The solo violin
The smallest bowed string instrument in the violin family is the violin. It is also the quietest instrument, but that does not mean that it cannot produce a sound. Don’t forget that violin soloists regularly perform with a 50-100 piece orchestra, in a large hall seating 2000 or more people, and the solo violin can be heard over the entire orchestra, and at the very back of the concert hall. How? This comes down to the skill of the violinist, and positioning. This is why at wedding ceremonies for example we often are quite picky about the exact spot where our violinists and ensembles perform, no matter if the string ensemble is outdoors or indoors a single violinist is a great choice.
The solo cello
Like the solo violin, a solo cellist is a great option for slightly smaller wedding ceremonies and receptions in Toronto and the GTA. Larger than the violin, it is very resonant, and can play an equally wide range of music. Clients that hire the solo cello and solo violin for weddings and events often have a guest list of under 50, but not necessarily so
The violin and cello duo
The violin and cello duo, or string duet, is made up of one violin player and one cello player, and is our most requested string ensemble for hire in Toronto and the GTA. Having both the violin, which is able to play soaring melodies, and the cello which is able to anchor and often accompany, while having an even larger sound it is no wonder that this is our most popular string ensemble. I like to imagine that the violin is like the right hand of the piano and the cello is the left had of the piano, together they can play almost anything, and that is another reason that it is our most popular ensembles.
What size of group/event would you recommend for a violin and cello duo string ensemble?
The short answer is we often recommend the violin and cello duo for between 50-150 guests, but when mic’s, we have performed for over 600, so it all depends. The more that we know about the type of event that you are hosting in Toronto and the GTA, the easier it is for us to recommend a string ensemble that will sound the best and fit with the wedding or special event that you are planning. Contact us here https://duodamore.com/contact-us/
The String Trio
The string trio is made up of the violin and cello, with the addition of a third filler instrument, such as a violin or viola.
What size of group/event would you recommend for a violin and cello duo string ensemble?
This larger string ensemble is suited for events with over 200 guests, and larger venues in general. With a slightly larger sound than the violin and cello duo, but not as large or rich sound as the string quartet, the string trio fits right in the middle of the string ensembles that we offer in Mississauga.
String quartet wedding ensembles Mississauga
Our string quartet is the largest wedding ensemble that we have for hire in Mississauga. The string quartet has a long and rich history, dating back to the classical period of music in the 18th century. During this time, composers such as Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven wrote some of the most famous and enduring string quartet works. In the 19th century, the string quartet continued to be an important genre, with composers such as Schubert and Brahms producing some of their most notable works in this format. During this time, the string quartet also began to be used for more private, intimate occasions such as weddings.
In the 20th century, the popularity of the string quartet for weddings continued to grow, as more and more couples sought out the beautiful and timeless sound of classical music for their special day. In addition to classical music, the string quartet also began to incorporate popular songs and pieces from other genres, such as jazz, folk, and even rock and roll.
Please contact us today for a String quartet or ensemble for your event in Mississauga