String quartet wedding ensembles Halifax, NS. If you, or someone you know is getting married, or is interested in a live performance for a wedding or special event in Halifax and area, please contact us for a custom quote. We would be happy to consult with you to help you choose the right size ensemble for your event, and some fantastic music to make your wedding ceremony or cocktail reception a truly memorable experience. The photo on the top of the blog is from a wedding ceremony performance at Oceanstone.
From classical to pop, Top 40
Whatever the type or size of event Duo d’Amore, has an ensemble and the right music options to make your event memorable. We have hours of classical music, from the baroque period with composers such as Bach and Handel, the classical period with Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven to the Romantic period with Elgar and Brahms, just to name a few. We have over 5 hours of classical music, and our repertoire is always expanding. Here are some of our most requested songs for our string quartet and ensembles:
- Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Air on the G String by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn
- Trumpet Voluntary by Jeremiah Clarke
- Ave Maria by Franz Schubert
- Spring from The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi
- Bridal Chorus by Richard Wagner
- The Swan by Camille Saint-Saëns
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Pop, Top40 and beyond, custom arrangements
Duo d’Amore is also fortunate to have an incredibly large collection of pop string arrangements, and like our classical music repertoire it is always expanding. If there is a song that you would like for your event, let us know.
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- All of Me by John Legend
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
- Marry Me by Train
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
- You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
- At Last by Etta James
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
- Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
Halifax and area venues, perfect for our string duo, trio and quartet ensembles
If you’re planning a wedding in Halifax, Nova Scotia, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of beautiful venues to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a grand ballroom or a cozy barn, there’s something for everyone in and around Halifax. Here are several wedding venues in the area that are sure to impress your guests.
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site – This stunning fortress is one of Halifax’s most iconic landmarks, and it’s a unique and unforgettable wedding venue. The citadel offers several event spaces, including a grand ballroom and outdoor courtyard, all with breathtaking views of the city.
- The Prince George Hotel – Located in the heart of downtown Halifax, the Prince George Hotel is a luxurious wedding venue with multiple ballrooms and event spaces. Their experienced wedding planners will ensure your special day is everything you dreamed of and more.
- Shining Waters Marine – This waterfront venue is located just outside of Halifax and offers stunning views of St. Margaret’s Bay. The property features a rustic barn and a charming chapel, making it the perfect choice for a rustic or vintage-inspired wedding.
- The Westin Nova Scotian – This historic hotel has been a Halifax landmark since 1930 and offers several event spaces for weddings of all sizes. The hotel’s ballroom features elegant chandeliers and can accommodate up to 500 guests.
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites – Another iconic Halifax hotel, the Lord Nelson offers multiple event spaces, including a grand ballroom and a stunning courtyard. Their experienced wedding team will work with you to create a personalized wedding package that suits your vision and budget.
- The Halifax Club – Located in the heart of downtown Halifax, the Halifax Club is a historic venue that’s perfect for intimate weddings. The club features several event spaces, including a grand ballroom and a cozy library.
- Hatfield Farm – If you’re looking for a rustic wedding venue with a fun and unique twist, Hatfield Farm is the perfect choice. This working farm offers several event spaces, including a rustic barn and a covered pavilion, as well as hayrides and other farm activities for your guests to enjoy.
- White Point Beach Resort – This stunning resort is located on Nova Scotia’s South Shore, just a short drive from Halifax. The property features a beautiful beach, multiple event spaces, and accommodations for you and your guests.
- The Atlantica Hotel Halifax – This modern hotel offers several event spaces, including a grand ballroom and a rooftop terrace with stunning views of the city. Their experienced wedding team will work with you to create a personalized package that suits your style and budget.
Peggys’ Cove and even more venues for live music
- Peggy’s Cove – If you’re looking for a truly unique and unforgettable wedding venue, consider getting married at Peggy’s Cove. This picturesque fishing village is located just outside of Halifax and offers stunning views of the ocean and rocky coastline.
- The Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel – This waterfront hotel offers several event spaces, including a grand ballroom with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the harbor. Their experienced wedding team will help you plan every detail of your special day, from the menu to the décor.
- The Old Orchard Inn & Spa – Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, just a short drive from Halifax, the Old Orchard Inn & Spa offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The property features several event spaces, including a grand ballroom and a cozy fireplace lounge.
- The Halifax Convention Centre – This state-of-the-art convention center offers several event spaces, including a grand ballroom and a rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city. Their experienced event team will help you create a personalized wedding package that suits your style and budget.
- Oceanstone Seaside Resort is a beautiful wedding venue located in Indian Harbour, just a short drive from Halifax, Nova Scotia. This stunning venue offers breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and the rugged coastline of Peggy’s Cove. The resort features several event spaces, including a rustic barn, a charming cottage, and a picturesque outdoor ceremony site. The rustic barn is perfect for a cozy and intimate wedding reception, while the cottage can accommodate larger weddings of up to 150 guests.
Fantastic, professional musicians.
Catherine Little, cello a big part of our wedding ensembles
Nova Scotia cellist Catherine Little is currently studying cello with Johanne Perron in the Masters Performance program at the Université de Montréal. Catherine has an Honours Bachelor of Music from Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, where she studied cello with Paul Pulford and chamber music with the Penderecki String Quartet. She also took a year-long cultural exchange to France, studying with Jacques Froger at the Conservatoire Nationale de Musique et de Danse in La Rochelle.
Catherine has played in many orchestras and chamber music festivals, including the National Youth Orchestra of Canada, the Wilfrid Laurier and Université de Montreal Symphony Orchestras, the “Quartetfest” chamber music festival in Waterloo, Ontario, the Domaine Forget Summer Music Academy in Charlevoix, Quebec, the Tuckamore music festival in St. John’s Newfoundland and the Scotia Festival of Music in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Apart from her studies of classical repertoire, Catherine has most recently discovered an interest in improvising, new music and teaching, but she is most devoted to and enthusiastic about chamber music.
Lauren Klein, violin Halifax
Originally from Halifax, Lauren completed her Bachelor of Music in Waterloo, ON and her Master of Music Performance in Victoria, BC.She has been a member of the National Academy Orchestra and various symphony and string orchestras, an East Coast fiddle group, and a Baroque and Early Music ensemble. She also completed a Diploma in Chamber Music while in Waterloo and loves to play in string quartets and trios whenever she can. She has attended Quartetfest 2006, the Scotia Festival of Music, and the Tafelmusik Summer Baroque Institute. Lauren teaches violin in Victoria, and plays with the Vancouver Island Symphony in Nanaimo as well as the Victoria Chamber Orchestra. Recently, she has performed as a soloist with the Raven Baroque Orchestra and for Ballet Victoria.
Award winning String quartet wedding ensembles Halifax, NS
Duo d’Amore is extremly proud to have won the Weddingwire Brides choice award numerous times for best wedding ceremony music: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011. (After 2016 awards not presented is Canada) We have also been featured in WeddingBells, Wedluxe, Style Me Pretty, Junebug Weddings, The Knot and many other exceptional publications. Read reviews here